Saturday, October 2, 2021

My Experience with Editor Bianca Shakur


✍My experience using editor Bianca Shakur  for the first time✍: 

So I was in need of a copyeditor for my novella.  I've known of Bianca for a little time however never used her as an editor before (I learned about her in this group) so for this project I thought to reach out to her. I am loyal with whomever I do business with but when it comes to editors a majority of the time I use more then one for the same project for different purposes. Also the editors I use and know of are good so they're all booked and busy if you don't book them early so it's good to know of others you know and trust just in case. So the project I was working on took me longer to finish then expected. I'm signed with a publisher and my deadline was approaching so I had to make moves fast. 

I check out Bianca's website and was happy with what I seen. "OK professional and I can tell she has experience." And it didn't hurt that Cyn Alexander , another editor co-signed her (that's what I'm talking about editors repping and supporting fellow editors!) Cyn informs me Bianca mainly does business through her website so I send a message through there and FB (like I said time was winding down). BOOM! Bianca hits me back within a good time frame tells me her prices which I find very affordable considering the women edits for NY Times Best Seller Authors. I informed her of my tight time frame, scared, bc when I was time was tight, time was tight. But she came through! And hit me with the rush service. Now let me explain something how much the total was including the rush service was what I imagined the edit alone to cost so I was still not tripping. 

Fast-forward, contract is sent out, to wish I requested she add something and she did ASAP without no problem. Now let's get to business I get my extra back annnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd, I'll list below my experience.⬇️ 

1) She has a great eye! Honestly the notes supplied I felt where along the lines of developmental editing which is great! 

2) She supplied a sheet with a nice header (the headers pretty I have to mention it lol). The sheet consisted of her notes and suggestions. Straight to the poiny however detailed and well explained. 

3) As a person she has a personality. Very professional, but knows how to communicate where you feel comfortable and don't feel you have to be uptight. 

4) Her availability to help even when your project is complete is great! Here I am at 1am finished with my edits and my computer tracking was given me issues. Remind you THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER. HER JOB IS DONE. But I'm freaking out, I need help, this manuscript is scheduled to go to my proofreader so I email her asking if she can help and she writes back ASAP. She put in work and tried different methods of helping Mr. We were on the phone and everything and even found a way to fix the issue. 

I am VERY happy with her service, professionalism, and personality. Each of these traits are important when doing business with someone and Bianca has it! I recommend her below is her website ⬇️ 

www.editwithb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment