Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hard Candy By Amaleka McCall Review

           When I decide on a book to read the first thing I ask myself is whether or not the novel is original, something I haven't read before and would hold my attention. So when I picked up Amalkea McCall's Hard Candy and read the books description I knew I had a winner. Who wouldn't want to read about a trained female cleaner seeking revenge on the people responsible for her families death?

             This novel will keep you in the dark, the moment you think you have it all figured out you're slapped in the face with a reality check. Picture everything you believed being nothing but a lie, and the one person you had left no longer being around to guide you, how would you feel? what would you do? this is Hard Candy, this is what Amaleka leaves you pondering at the end of her novel. What do I do now? who do I trust? whats going on? whose after me? these have to be the thoughts running through main character Candice Hardaway's mind.

               I read Hard Candy thinking I had it all figured out, I paid close attention to the characters and all the events taking place, although I guessed a few things correct I still didn't solve the  rubik's cube, that alone proves this novel is a must read. Nothing is what it seems to be, nothing is what you would ever guess. Take a walk into a world where all you have is yourself and your on the hunt for the truth, Hard Candy is a mystery slash urban fiction. A novel where life's intertwine and your closer to the truth than you think. The flash backs will bring tears to your eyes and make you want to to change the events taking place. This novel travels deep into the core of family secrets and will keep you wanting more. Hard Candy isn't your typical novel, its a puzzle, that Amaleka challenges you to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment